Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lemon Pie- 7 points for 1/8th of a pie

This is adapted from a recipe that was in a Weight Watcher's weekly.  Imagine my joy when I found a recipe for lemon pie that was only 4 points!  However when I made it I found that the filling was only about an inch or so deep and the serving size was 1/10th of a pie.  Seriously, that's not dessert.  That's just a bite.  So here is my adaptation with a thicker filling and easier pre-packaged crust.

1 low fat graham cracker crust (I can only find this at Smiths)
1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon zest (this takes about 1 lemon and if you are a little short that is OK)
3/4 cup lemon juice (this takes more than one lemon so I use the stuff in the cute little plastic lemon.  Again if you are a little short that is ok.)

Beat the sweetened condensed milk and eggs until creamy.  Add lemon zest and lemon juice.  Pour filling into prepared crust and bake at 350 degrees for 19 minutes until set.  Cool and chill in the fridge.

I add a bunch of light cool whip to the top.  That is one more point, but it's worth it to me.  This pie can be frozen and served later.  I have a frozen one in my freezer right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment