Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes- 4 points for 2 LARGE pancakes

Combine in blender and mix on high for 2 minutes.
      1 cup whole wheat berries
      1 cup skim milk
Add:  1/2 cup milk and blend 2 more minutes.
Add:  2 eggs
         1/2 cup canned pumpkin (put the extra in the freezer for another recipe)
         1 tsp salt
         1 tbsp white sugar or honey
         1 tsp cinnamon
Blend well. Just before cooking add 1 T baking powder and mix until just blended.  Cook on the griddle.  Makes 12 large pancakes.  Serves 6.

You can add mini chocolate chips to each pancake after you pour it on the griddle.  Add points accordingly.  I top mine with 1/4 cup sugar free syrup.  Careful if you are not used to eating whole wheat foods to just eat 2 or you will get a stomach ache.  I make these all of the time and when my mom or my nephew Jacob come to my house they always ask me to make these.  They can be frozen and reheated in the toaster or microwave.  I have adapted this recipe to use only food storage items, so it can be made with powdered milk and powdered eggs.  Let me know if you want that info.

No comments:

Post a Comment