Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Eggs, Veggies, Feta, and Salsa- 3 points

Diced fresh baby Portobello Mushrooms (I get these at Costco)
Diced onions- whatever kind you like.  I use green onions.
1/2 tsp diced garlic
1 cup egg substitute
Spinach coarsely chopped (I get this at Costco and use it in Salads and stuff until it is about to go bad and then I freeze it.)
Fresh Basil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 oz Fat Free Feta cheese (I can only find this at Smith's.  Also good with 1 oz fat free cream cheese.)
Salsa  (I like a kind called Jacks that is from Costco.)

Spray pan with cooking spray and saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic.  I have used chopped bell peppers before too.  If you like them go for it.  Add egg substitute and then spinach.  Cook until set stirring frequently.  Add basil and then remove to a plate.  Add cheese, salt, pepper, and salsa.

I probably eat this too often, but it is so full of protein and makes me feel so full for so few points that I make it at least 3 times a week.  I usually eat it for lunch.

2 comments:

  1. I've started making this in the microwave. I spray a cereal type bowl with pam. Then I cook the onions and mushrooms for about a minute. Then I add spinach and eggs and cook them 1 minute at a time stirring between. In my microwave it takes a total of 2 1/2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing...instead of the feta, I've tried mixing in 1 oz of fat free cream cheese. Points Plus value is the same.

    ReplyDelete