Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cheese Stuffed Shells- PointsPlus Value = 9 (4 shells)

Last week a former neighbor that I hadn't seen in over 8 years walked into the Monday morning meeting that I was leading.  As I left I was reminded of a recipe that she had given me that I have been making for years.  This is one of those things that I make that out of town visitors ask for.  I have simplified it so much that she probably won't even recognize it as originally hers if she sees it.

2 boxes of Jumbo Pasta Shells
1 45 oz jar of Prego Spaghetti Sauce
4 cups fat free cottage cheese
16 oz grated jack cheese
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
Garlic Powder to taste
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook two boxes of Jumbo Shells according to directions.  You will only use 68 of them.  While they are boiling, combine cottage cheese, eggs, jack cheese, and garlic powder in a large bowl.  Put a small amount of sauce in the bottom of each oblong pan.  (You will use 2-3)  Spoon filling into each shell.  Top with remaining sauce and grated Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment